– Lenten Discussions have been well received and both evening and morning groups have decided to continue with the groups in the future. We will invite others from the parish to join in.
– We will be recruiting folks asking them to join a Prayer Partner group which we are forming. This group will pray for requested intentions from parishioners. This will be conducted through an
email string. Intentions will be solicited through an intentions book, through email or by phone once the group is established.
– We are going to put out the Question box so people will have the opportunity to ask faith based questions or questions regarding doctrinal issues. They will also have the opportunity to leave any
ideas or suggestions they may have for the Evangelization Commission.
– We will be offering parishioners the opportunity to purchase a Mass Journal to encourage deeper engagement in the Mass.
– We are developing a list of resources that we would like to see in the proposed Resource Center for both adults and the older teens.
– We will be applying for a grant through the Foundation of the Catholic Diocese of Charlotte.
Because our free resources are so well received and they are limited as to the number we get we will be asking folks if they would consider returning them when they are done with them so others may also have the opportunity to read them.
– Our next meeting is scheduled for April 9, 2018 at 6:30.
– Encouraging and providing resources to improve personal prayer and reading of Holy Scripture.
– Monthly Bible Study with Father Ambrose.
– Lenten discussion groups with the hopes of continuing further discussion groups.
– Parish Champion Program through Dynamic Catholic which includes free monthly handouts of books or CD’s; access to their various programs e.g. Best Advent Ever and Best Lent Ever; a prayer partner
to pray for people’s special intentions.
– Parish Book Program through Dynamic Catholic with books given to all parishioners and visitors at
– Welcoming of visitors and new parishioners at all Masses with acknowledgement and a small gift
which includes a book and a small religious article.
– Continuing with plans for a Welcome Packet for new Parishioners.
– Establishing Prayer Partner group.
– Have Question box available for questions regarding faith issues and suggestions for Evangelization.
– Working on developing list of resources for future Resource Center.
– Applying for grant $ through Diocesan Foundation.
– Offer opportunity for parishioners to purchase a Mass Journal to engage more deeply in Mass.