A message from our Evangelization Commission:
To our parish family,
We miss you!
Life has changed so much. As we enter into our sixth month of the pandemic, one of the main complaints we hear is that our parishioners feel isolated and long to return to worshipping and socializing as a community.
Despite our current inability to gather, the Evangelization commission wants to provide a virtual opportunity to socialize and grow spiritually as a parish community.
Beginning on Thursday, October 1, we will begin an eight week program offered by Franciscan Pathways called The Ministry of the Wild Goose. The term “wild goose” was used by the ancient Celts for the Holy Spirit. This program will explore ways of experiencing the Holy Spirit within your life.
Here’s how it will work:
- Email the evangelization commission at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. The program is free.
Please include your name and phone number in the email.
- The week prior to each meeting, a link will be emailed for the short video segment we will be discussing. You should be able to access this video by clicking on the link in your email. Each video is short, approximately 20 minutes, and you can download a one page study guide below each video if you would like. Please watch this at home before the meeting.
- If you would like to take a look at the videos or want more information in advance, go to https://thewildgooseisloose.com/wild-goose-main-page
- We will hold the discussions via Zoom from 7-8 pm Thursdays, beginning Oct.1 and ending Nov.19. Our first session will be a Zoom “Sip and Chat.” Bring your favorite beverage to your computer or phone, and prepare to just chat and catch up with one another. This is also a dry run to help people who have not used Zoom become comfortable with the platform. No content will be discussed until Oct. 8; Oct 1 is just a social get together.
- If you want more information about Zoom or have questions, please indicate that when you email to register.
- Each week’s discussion is a stand-alone topic, so if you miss a week, it won’t interfere with your overall experience.
- Feel free to invite your family and friends.
- You may wish to print this for reference.
The pandemic can make us all feel a bit isolated, but we are never isolated from Christ and the other members of the Mystical Body. We are excited to “see” everyone again. Please join us!
OLR Evangelization commission