The purpose of this commission is to encourage and facilitate parishioners to live the Christian message of service to our brothers and sisters. We do this by organizing and executing activities on the parish level that directly mitigate the difficulties that many in our community experience. In this way, we hope to help those in need by complementing existing agencies yet avoiding unnecessary duplication of effort.
We always welcome new members willing to assist in our activities. If you have an idea that can alleviate suffering in our community and would like to bring it to the parish, we encourage you to join our commission and work for its implementation.
Service & Awareness Projects
- Blood Drive: Monthly we organize through the American Red Cross to donate blood.
- Christmas Angel Tree: Parishioner select tags from a tree in entrance of the church to donate requested gifts returning them in time for Christmas distribution for the needy.
- Food Pantry: We collect food items to distribute to our needy parishioners and local agencies when requested.
- Holiday Food Baskets: Food is collected and presented during seasonal liturgies for needy families—Thanks giving, Christmas Easter etc.
- The Parish Monthly Staple for the Crisis Center is sugar. Baskets at the main entrance of the Church is provided or that purpose.
- Crisis Ministry: The First Sunday of each month various parish groups plan, prepare and serve the Homeless at Crisis Ministries- First Avenue East, Lexington.
- Veterans: Participating in an annual fund raiser for VFW Hospital in Salisbury
- Alpha Pregnancy: Annual collection for the Pregnancy Center
- Special Olympics: Annual donations and participation in special events
- Home/School: Our parish hosts weekly meeting of children and parents.
- Quilters: Parish Hosts local quilting crafters
- Episcopal Luncheon: Parish Volunteers to serve lunch to the homeless.
- Empty Stocking: Parish hosts City Wide Christmas donations to the needy.
- ESL (English as a Second Language): Parish hosts weekly classes.
- Citizenship Classes: Hosts weekly classes.